Loving Milo & Otis: An Owner’s Guide to Insuring Pets
Veterinarian bills can be expensive. The good news is that there’s help available. An increasingly popular option, pet insurance can give you the security of knowing that you’ll be able to provide good medical care for your furry family member in the event of injury or illness.
Unfortunately, there is no standard pet insurance policy. That means it’s essential to review the specifics of a policy before you purchase, so you’ll know exactly what it will or will not cover. In addition to cost factors like premium, co-pays, deductibles and coverage limits, here are a few things you should consider:
- What records might the insurer request, and do you have access to them?
- Are your pets current with vaccinations, and if not, does that affect your coverage?
- Does your pet have any pre-existing conditions (for example – prior ACL surgery or diabetes)? Many policies will not cover injury or illness stemming from pre-existing conditions.
- Does the policy cover routine vet visits or is it for emergencies only?
- Will your veterinarian accept the insurance directly, or does the policy only offer reimbursement for paid treatment?
We want your entire household to be happy and healthy. It can be emotionally and financially devastating if your beloved pet becomes sick or injured or somehow causes damage or injury.
Insure your pet now? Get in touch with us!
Keep your veterinary bills in check and your pets healthy and safe.